Peloton is searching for a Director, Plant Controller to lead and develop the accounting and finance operations of the Peloton Output Park, a recently announced greenfield project in Northwest Ohio. The Director, Plant Controller is a key role reporting to the VP, Assistant Controller, that is responsible for managing the month-end close process, including inventory costing and fixed asset accounting, reconciliations, reporting, variance analysis, internal controls, audit support, working with the technical accounting team to develop department accounting policies, and other ad-hoc projects
- Participate as a key business partner to the plant management team, contributing to plant strategy development and execution of annual plans that drive YoY improvements.
- Direct and manage all financial and accounting functions for the plant. Lead annual budgeting, monthly forecasting, and the management accounting/reporting process. Review and advise the management team on all financial/budgetary requirements and develop financial goals in partnership with plant and corporate leadership. Ensure that plant goals and initiatives are developed in line with company values, strategic goals, and business plans.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly closing process, including providing reporting to the connected fitness and fixed asset corporate accounting functions and FP&A. Prepare journal entries and reconciliations of judgmental and/or complex balance sheet and income statements accounts.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the standard costs starting with the bill of materials and item costs, labor routings, labor rates, as well as overhead assignments.
- Report variances to set standards in a manner that supervisors and managers can understand and take corrective action.
- Ensure inventory is property reconciled, managed and reported, including physical and cycle counting programs.
- Interface with the corporate information systems and finance transformation teams on requirements and testing of the MES and SAP solutions.
- Manage team members and work cross functionally with those in other areas, to drive process improvements that result in more effective and efficient monthly and quarterly close processes.
- Implement a system for tracking fixed asset locations and ensure accuracy of the fixed assets ledger. Perform fixed asset inventories.
- Responsible for leading the efforts to finalize the preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting requirements, including, but not limited to, journal entries, reconciliations, analysis of activities and reporting.
- Assist and provide cross functional support, guidance and escalation management of activities from our internal business partners.
- Establish, document, and deploy control procedures over accounting and financial activities. Provide guidance to ensure that internal accounting controls are in place to protect company assets. Ensure an adequate system of internal control is maintained, and that general ledger accounts are correctly stated, maintain SOX compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years related experience required, including specific experience in Manufacturing Finance. Strong preference for Corporate accounting.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a people leadership role
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
- Extensive experience using automated accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Understanding of Lean Concepts, 6 Sigma or World Class Manufacturing SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of short/long term budgeting and forecasting and rolling budgets, along with strong financial modeling skills.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of financial concepts, practices, processes and procedures.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work independently within deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Troy, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A