We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Makeup Development Chemist to join our Development department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. In this role you are responsible for technical aspects of developing and homologating makeup products. You’ll maintain awareness of scientific literature, patents, raw material technology, processing methodology, and marketing/consumer trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in an efficient manner. You’ll regularly engage with key stakeholders to define evolving priorities and working methods. You’ll also be overseeing a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Track and maintain awareness of multiple development projects
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and priorities with varying complexity
- Develop and refine product formulas at the bench
- Perform product stability on all formulas and resolve any issues that arise
- Work closely with external vendors to obtain technical information needed to initiate formula reviews and formula entries
- Initiate formula entries into applicable IT and Research and Innovation laboratory systems
- Issue documentation for existing and new products
- Coordinate with the development teams to ensure timely IL issuance and officialization of new projects with agreeable, defined work flows
- Consistently provide management, internal labs and support teams with information regarding the status of projects and product information, as well as coordinate and follow up on general requests
- Maintain good, working relations with vendors to ensure product quality in a timely fashion
- Identify raw materials and technologies suitable for product development from either in house or vendors
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in proactively identifying and proposing solutions to issues that may arise during product development
- Understand the functions of ingredients in formulas in order to identify and monitor the quality and conformity of formulas
- Update product data for internal and external needs
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related science is required. Masters’ preferred.
- 1-3+ years of experience in cosmetic/makeup formulation required
- Strong communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share and teach in the area of expertise with experts and non-experts alike
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newark, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A