Website Jumeirah Group
An opportunity has arisen for Team Leader, Lifeguard at Burj Al Arab.
- To respond to any emergency that may arise within an area of Operations supervision. Taking control of the situation by providing / supervising first responder first aid when required while maintaining adequate personal protection at all times. Ensuring adequate hand over to any senior colleague members arriving at the scene in order to maintain the highest standards of safety and care by adhering to the guidelines of the Ellis & Associates program.
- To support the H&S Manager in overseeing Lifeguards within the property in order to ensure that all Step By Steps and Emergency Actions Plans are communicated, followed and practiced by all colleagues.
- To support the H&S Manager in overseeing Lifeguards within the property in order to ensure all Ellis & Associates guidelines are communicated and followed by all colleagues.
- To maintain own skill levels to an equal or higher standard than that of the lifeguards in order to ensure that the Lifeguards and Lifeguard training requirements maintain the highest standards of safety and skills.
- To ensure the relevant administrative documents are well prepared, controlled and all deadlines and reports are completed accurately and turned in a timely manner to the appropriate person in order to maintain professional records of daily occurrences.
- To have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the role of Operations and its value to the organization, and its support of the Jumeirah Mission Statement, Guiding Principles, Hallmarks, H.E.A.R.T. of Jumeirah and S.P.I.R.I.T of Jumeirah.
- To respond to guest complaints in the first instance, and if unable to resolve the guests concern to bring the matter to the attention of an HS&E Manager to resolve problems / concerns as quickly and informally as possible in order ensure the needs of our guests in relation to Customer Service Index are addressed and understood.
- To deal with any colleague disciplinary and grievances at the lowest and most informal level, referring unresolved problems to the appropriate senior colleagues and further ensure regular colleague performance appraisals in order to understand, address and satisfy the individual needs of Lifeguards.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Certified Ellis and Associates Special Facilities lifeguard
- 6 months experience at any aquatic facility related to lifeguard operations
- Must have English or Business English equivalent,
- Be able to swim as per Ellis and Associates requirements
- Outdoor person comfortable working in the sun and water
- Identifiable leadership skills,
- Friendly outgoing person
- Open minded toward a multi-national organization
Company: Jumeirah Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A