The Assistant Maintenance Manager has a key role in assisting the Maintenance Manager to develop and deliver a first-class, first‐line maintenance and refurbishment service at Michaelhouse. He/she directs and manages both the in-house team and external contractors and coordinates the work of the maintenance team to ensure that the maintenance, repair, and standard of presentation of the school, its buildings, and facilities are of a very high standard. Due to the size of the estate, and the nature of the position, the Assistant Maintenance Manager is hands-on. The Assistant Maintenance Manager will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and is expected to be on call/ standby when the Maintenance Manager is on leave or unavailable.
- Implementation of maintenance management programmes systems and processes
- Inspections and audits – assisting the Maintenance Manager with conducting a preventative maintenance programme and inspection of all assets, buildings, plants, and infrastructure
- People management and task allocation. Management of the department CMMS system
Health & Safety
- Resource Management: Budget, Finance, and Procurement – assisting Maintenance Manager where required and ensuring maintenance spend does not exceed budget, managing of stores, general purchasing for the department and projects
- Maintenance emergencies – participation in out of hours on-call duty roster and effective execution of maintenance emergencies
- Matric as a minimum and preferably relevant technical qualifications and experience within property / facilities maintenance sector
- Plumbing and / or electrical knowledge and experience will be advantageous
- Mechanical and electronic equipment and stores
- Extensive experience in managing people and teams, and excellent communications skills.
- IT, administrative and excellent organisational and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Financial acumen
- Delivery driven with a strong customer service focus
- It is essential that the incumbent is fluent in English and is preferably able to communicate in isiZulu.
- This position would be best suited to someone already resident within reasonable travelling distance of Michaelhouse
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midland
Application Deadline: N/A