Somerset House invites young, enthusiastic, hardworking students who are currently or who intend to study further in the field of Information Technology to apply for an Information Technology Internship for 2022. The successful candidate will need to be committed to a full school day, which will include IT networking, hardware and software installation and maintenance. Various duties will also be included in the daily routines of the successful candidate, such as break duties and supervision of pupils from time to time. Involvement in the school extra-curricular programme, as well as exposure to teaching where appropriate, would also be possible. In addition, the intern will need to complete all study assignments and course work throughout the year. Having your own transportation would be advantageous.
- Classroom assistance, observation, preparation and presentation of lessons
- General academic duties including assisting with marking and invigilation
- General duties and involvement in the school extra-curricular programme
- Must be available to work after hours at school events
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Matric certificate with Bachelor’s Degree pass
- Experience in extra-curricular activities
- Passion and aptitude for working with Information Technology and in a child centred environment.
- Current enrolment in part-time study would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Newly qualified IT technicians may also apply
- Must be willing to take guidance and instruction from teachers
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Somerset West
Application Deadline: N/A