Website IHG Hotels & Resorts
As Housekeeping Supervisor, you’ll supervise our Housekeeping hosts, ensuring we keep the ‘IHG Clean Promise’ at all times.
- Supervise room attendants on maintenance of cleanliness in all guestrooms, corridors, service areas and any other areas on the floors.
- Assist Room Attendants and supervise releasing of guestrooms into ‘Inspected’ status.
- Work and liaise closely with Room Attendants in cleaning and preparing for V.I.P. arrivals or group delegations.
- Ensure that Room Attendants trolleys are neat and fully stocked at all times.
- Ensure strict control of service stations, including monitoring of required level of ‘par stock’ to minimize the vertical movement in terms of logistics.
- Ensure that all occupied rooms are cleaned.
- Ensures that the Room Attendants fill out their Check Lists room by room and that any remarks are followed up.
- Immediately report any missing items or damages to Executive Housekeeper.
- Immediately attend to tasks requiring urgent attention, such as: soiled or damaged curtains, carpets, upholstery, equipment, etc.
- Ensure that shower curtains, pillows, bedspreads, duvets/blankets, underneath furniture spaces, curtains and upholsteries are cleaned according to regular program/standards.
- Report and follow up on maintenance requests.
- Liaise closely with Front Office and Engineering in servicing guest request.
- Check vacant rooms daily to make sure there are no discrepancies.
- Ensure that rooms with “Do Not Disturb” signs are followed up on.
- Supervise the responsible use of all available systems and equipment, including but not limited to trolleys, vacuum cleaner, carpet washer, etc.
- Ensure the optimum use and control of all chemicals and supplies to minimize wastage.
- Ensures that all keys are handled responsibly and signed back in after duty.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Housekeeper and assists in all Housekeeping activities.
- Assist in building an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff in performing their tasks.
- Ideally 1 to 2 years of progressive work-related experience in the same role in a 4* or 5* hotel in UAE
- Knowledgeable with the Opera system
- Should have strong capabilities in handling technicality of housekeeping mediums & organizing, detail-oriented and, with ability to work under pressure of deadlines and ever-shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays
- A naturally outgoing and friendly personality with a passion for service excellence to consistently deliver and demonstrate voco™ service standards
- A true “team-player” mentality and flexible attitude towards a diverse set of tasks
- Excellent communication skills
Company: IHG Hotels & Resorts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A