Website Birmingham Repertory Theatre
The REP is an ambitious and exciting theatre which is now growing and re-building following the impact of COVID 19. There is much to celebrate and be excited about at The REP including our 50th anniversary as well as Birmingham’s Commonwealth Games Cultural Festival in 2022, the Birmingham City re-generation, a redevelopment of our front of house areas, and reasserting our mission and values under a new executive team, Rachael Thomas Executive Director and Sean Foley, Artistic Director
In this role you have responsibility for ensuring both our front and back of house areas and auditorium are cleaned to a highly professional standard and in line with all current COVID regulations. You will play an integral part in providing a first class experience for all our visitors and colleagues who use The REP facilities.
- To provide excellent customer service to customers and visitors to The REP, often meeting visitors and audience members are part of your daily job
- To provide a clean, tidy and welcoming environment for customers, visitors and staff
- To maintain the building and its facilities to a high standard at all times
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times with particular regard to the health, safety and welfare of you and others.
- Check, tidy and clean all areas in the backstage, auditorium and front of house as allocated within the rota.
- Undertake any specific or seasonal cleaning as required.
- Adhere to and implement the guidelines, procedures and policies of the company as detailed in the staff policies (available from the staff intranet).
- Play a role in the life of the company and work across departments to develop a positive and engaged organisational culture including playing active and positive roles in staff forums/committee’s.
- Be aware of, and comply with, rules and legislation pertaining to Health & Safety at work and abide by the procedures set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
- Be aware of, and comply with, rules and legislation pertaining to data security, and GDPR, at work and abide by the procedures set out in the Data Protection Policy.
- All staff are expected to demonstrate an understanding of, and adherence to, our safeguarding policy, including a duty to report any issues of concern.
- Remove all rubbish to the designated areas.
- Ensure all supplies of hygiene products remain topped up.
- Report any specific cleaning requirements or incidents
- Communicate and assist, as necessary with all other key personnel within The REP teams to ensure a clean and tidy environment
- Assist with meeting room set up including ensuring rooms are tidy and set up as required
- Excellent customer service skills
- High personal standards and pride in your work
- Ability to work positively as a team player with others
- Ability to manage your time and tasks effectively
- Be honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Experience of cleaning a corporate and/customer service environment
- An enthusiasm for being an ambassador for The REP
- Good manners and etiquette
- Willingness to be flexible in work tasks and shift patterns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise if needed
Company: Birmingham Repertory Theatre
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A