The Process Safety Engineer/Risk Advisor, as part of the Safety Security Health and Environment (SSH&E) group for ExxonMobil Pipeline Company (EMPCo), has responsibility to provide process safety advice and facilitate process hazard analysis efforts. The Process Safety Engineer/Risk Advisor takes a lead role in applying engineering and process safety principles to develop multi-disciplinary solutions for safety & risk issues across a wide-range of operating assets and projects. The Process Safety Engineer/Risk Advisor will be located in Houston, TX and works under the direction to the Risk Management Supervisor in the SSH&E Department.
- Characterize hazards using good engineering practices, determine risk, and develop mitigation
- Coordinate with ExxonMobil Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Risk Advisors and Engineers to advise when risk assessment is needed and what type of risk assessment is best suited for each situation.
- Provide overall design guidance for process safety systems
- Identify hazards inherent in facility design and operations
- Effectively facilitate (plan, lead, and report) scenario based risk assessments, Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) reviews, and process hazard analysis assessments on pipeline and terminal assets.
- Write technical reports to document the outcome and discussions of all risk assessments and process hazard analyses performed.
- Communicate with Operations and Management on the results and recommended actions determined during process hazard analysis efforts.
- Provide key technical support to the Operations and Engineering Departments on the topic of process safety and risk analysis.
- Interpret and implement company and industry standards (e.g., qualitative & quantitative risk assessments; pressure relief; piping & isolation; spacing and layout; storage tank design; process control and safety instrumented systems; consequence analysis)
- Develop and communicate process safety guidance and expectations to EMPCo personnel including training.
- Develop stewardship metrics and presentation for management including compiling and analyzing data to ensure accurate metrics are portrayed.
- Manage input of risk assessment data into internal tracking system to ensure quality and accuracy is maintained.
- Provide guidance and support to Operations in managing their data in the risk management tracking system to ensure deadlines are met and follow-ups are properly tracked to closure.
Qualification & Experience:
- B.S. Degree or higher in Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, assess, mitigate hazards and apply good engineering judgment
- Previous experience in facilitating and leading hazard and operability studies (HAZOP) and other Process Hazard Assessments
- Knowledge and strong understanding of 40 CFR 195, 40 CFR 192, API guidelines, ASME B31.3 standards, and ASME B31.4 standards
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA Process Safety Management requirements as it relates to process hazard analysis
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication (i.e., communicate effectively with various levels of an organization as well as with industry groups) skills
- Effective multi-tasking and priority management skills
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally and work in field office locations for up to 40% of time.
- Flexible and adaptable to various working conditions
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A