To provide a comprehensive occupational health and primary health services in accordance with Eskom’s health policies and procedures and other regulatory requirements including the Occupational Health and Safety Act, No. 85 of 1993
- Ensuring the implement an occupational health surveillance programme in the BU/Division/ Health centre according to OREP
- Championing the provision of Primary Health Care Services (monitoring and referral of acute and chronic disease cases) to the relevant health and wellness functionaries inside or outside of Eskom
- Provide co-ordination, preparation, consultative and advisory role in the management of sick leave, disability and the assessment of cases for medical boarding in consultation with the Eskom OHMP
- Provide advisory, consultative and specialist function to all stakeholders receiving services from the health centres.
- Ensure the implementation of SAP EHS system to capture all records
- Manage of medicine supplies
- B Cur Nursing Degree
- Advanced qualification in Occupational Health (University Diploma in Occupational Health or B Tech Occupational Health Nursing)
- 4 years related minimum experience in Occupational Health and Primary Health Care.
- Current Registration with South African Nursing Council as a registered or professional nurse.
- Dispensing Licence Certificate.
- Knowledge of emergency care and basic medical examinations
- Advanced understanding of Primary Health Care
- Must have empathy and understanding of people dynamics
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Counselling skills
- Presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of relevant labour and health legislation
- Computer skills including SAP EHS
- Live the Eskom vision
- Grow people
- Ignite passion
- Promote teamwork
- Encourage the right behaviour
- Knowledge of relevant labour and health legislations
- Advance practical knowledge of Primary Health Care
- Communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Business and Management Skills
- Leadership and Inter Personal relation skills
- Implement health risk reduction interventions
- Good understanding of Eskom Policies and procedures, Eskom Stated benefits, Eskom Pension and Provident Fund, Employment Equity Classification (People with disabilities) and social security claims (COIDA)
- Good understanding of PFMA
- Advance knowledge of SAP EHS.
- Healthy Lifestyle Management including HIV/AIDS and TB in the workplace.
- Good understanding on how Medical Aid Scheme – Chronic Disease Management Programmes function
- Risk Management (Identifying Risk Areas in relation to wellness)
- Management of sickness, absenteeism and medically incapacitated employees
- Management of Wellness service provider contracts, including eligibility requirements, performance, standards, budget, limitations, scope of service and strength and weakness of the service provider.
- Negotiation techniques
- Change management knowledge
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Emalahleni
Application Deadline: N/A