The job holder is responsible for the professional management of all Quantity Surveying functions carried out by Emaar Properties PJSC, predominantly in relation to post contract administration. Cost Management support will also be provided both Procurement and Claims.
- Preparation of BOQ’s including drafting preambles/general requirements
- Checks, reviews, and advises on all matters of a Quantity Surveying nature with regards to pre- and post-contract administration.
- Scrutinizing maintenance, operational, material, labour…etc. costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Review and organize supplier data based on vendor capabilities
- Perform risk, value management and cost control during the project
- Arranges meetings with Consultants, Project Directors/Managers, Development Directors/ Managers as required to undertake the quantity surveying function within the Procurement department.
- Negotiating with vendors
- Working on full cost control aspects for each individual projects.
- Prepared costs control, budget allocation and variations/change orders, techno/commercial analysis.
- Monitor budgets and costs for various projects
- Undertake market review / research for comparing and updating unit rates.
- Estimate costs for new-built, fit-out work, renovation, and refurbishment projects.
- Ability to carry out feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs.
- Undertake cost analysis and technical evaluation for all projects/tenders
- Managing and accessing variation and providing accurate costing on additional works.
- Will be responsible for organizing measurement tasks when preparing estimates / cost plans
- Ensures that contracts and consultancy agreements are properly administered in accordance with standard conditions of contract and standard consultancy agreements.
- Preparing and negotiating contracts terms and conditions.
- Conducting reviews on all contract template and advise changes if applicable
- Strong English Language skills required.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years general Quantity Surveying experience
- In depth knowledge of Material specifications in the construction and Facilities Management field with fair knowledge of MEP material specifications.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite knowledge.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering – Quantity Surveying / Civil or equivalent from a recognised college/ University.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of Local/ Gulf experience is desirable in a Construction, Refurbishment, Property Development, Facilities Management,
- Consultancy or Contracting environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A