Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
Initiating and implementing large continuous improvement projects of multiple operations. Driving change management and training to stabilize project and ensuring adoption. Creating business cases for automation and mechanization projects. Implementing and stabilizing automation and mechanization projects. Apply principles of Lean, with the required data analysis to identify synergies and cost savings in multiclient facilities. Ensure Sigma best practices are considered and implemented from the start with new client implementation. Manage and grow junior logistic engineers through the graduation programme.
- Evaluate and analyse data, processes and material flow related to existing operations in order to identify improvement opportunities.
- Implement initiatives and monitor quantitative benefits of changes.
- Develop business cases for financial investments where required, including ROI calculations, quantified value, productivity improvements, etc.
- Documenting, monitoring and communicating project timelines, milestones and objectives.
- Follow disciplined change management process to ensure that implemented changes that are sustainable.
- Problem solving facilitation and training where required.
- Working closely with Project & Implementation, Solutions & Pricing & Applications Engineering teams to ensure standardization of best practices in DSV.
- Training on Lean, Six Sigma & Change Management.
- Coaching of staff on Job clocking and Resource Planning .
- Monitor and report on Job clocking and Resource Planning over multiple operations.
- Implement automation and mechanization initiatives.
- Support major changes (tactical) within the warehouse with regards to processes, MHE, WMS, automation and mechanization.
- Manage and grow junior logistic engineers.
- Essential – Degree in Industrial Engineering (Preferably a 4yr BEng/BSc degree in Industrial Engineering or Related Field)
- Essential – Matric
- Detail oriented;
- High work rate and quality of work
- Unendorsed license and own transport;
- Ability to travel around in SA as well as globally if required
- Must have general experience in the logistics industry
- Must have experience in Lean / CIP methodology
- Introduction to Change Management
- Advanced Excel > 1 years experience;
- Advanced Autocad > 1 years experience;
- Microsoft Visio and Project
- Power BI Beneficial
- Minitab Skills Beneficial
- Warehouse Design and Costing
- Pricing and Solutions RFQ’s
- Good people skills required;
- Highly adaptable to change
- Sound knowledge of engineering economics and fundamental accounting principles
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
- Data Cleaning & Analytics
- Experience in job clocking and resource planning
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town
Application Deadline: N/A