Auth0 is looking for a Senior Platform Security Engineer to join the Platform Security team to work directly with our engineering partners to build Auth0’s future data platform. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing data platforms and infrastructure, a solid understanding of data security issues, strong threat modeling experience, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to making Auth0’s future data platform secure by design.
- Collaborate with Security, Engineering and Data teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate risks and security vulnerabilities.
- Promote and drive the implementation of a data security architecture that supports Engineering’s goals and deliverables, through strategy, design, requirements, and code.
- Contribute to defining the n+1 cloud infrastructure maturity level and help to achieve goals that get us there.
- Implement technical prototypes to understand new technologies as well as identify and manage risks for projects in active development.
- Contribute to improving Auth0’s data security patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Mentor team members and engineers on security best practices, and develop the next generation of technical security leaders
- 5+ years security engineer experience
- Passion for building secure, reliable and scalable distributed systems in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Strong experience with AWS cloud security and preferably hands-on experience with Azure.
- Experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Snowflake
- Excellence at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
- Ability to lead and resolve company-wide technical discussions.
- Proficiency in languages such as Golang, Node.js, Python, Java.
- Knowledge of containerization, CI/CD pipeline, and orchestration with Kubernetes
- Experience with implementing security controls for data governance laws such as HIPAA, SOC2, PCI, and GDPR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A