Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working as a Cyber Security and Computer Engineer, you will be the support person for various Energy Service engineering projects in Process Automation Energy Industries (PAEN) in Houston, Texas, providing technical details, costs and deliverables for sales proposals.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Continuous Improvement, you will be part of the Automation team in United States (US) local division of PAEN. This position will be responsible for the delivering Cyber Security solutions and Automation systems for the Energy Industries.
- Identify and deploy ongoing Distributed control system (DCS) system strategies for security and developing engineering application standards for Symphony+ and 800xA product lines
- Support projects within PAEN region with security implementation, project design reviews and direct contract support
- Perform installations of hardware and software in several environments including Windows based servers
- Install, configure, administrate and troubleshoot different ABB 800xA and Symphony+ platforms
- Establishing and configuring system networks (using different network topologies & VLANs (Virtual Local Area Network) comprised of servers, workstations and communication devices, including network switches and firewalls
- Deploy standards for Information Technology (IT) asset monitoring and control network assets monitoring
- Physical and electronic setup and alteration of computers and system networks to meet customer and contract specifications
- Work with Sales & Proposal teams and project teams to specify the correct IT equipment including servers, workstations, network switches, which meet the customer requirements and industry standards
- Provide training to technical individuals within the team and to customers
- Up to 30% travel for site commissioning activities and sales support
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in IT systems and cyber security
- Prior experience working with ABB Industrial Control Systems is a plus
- Experience administrating Information Systems, virtual environments, cloud systems and cyber security
- Understanding of Windows configuration and administration, operating system fundamentals and network components and infrastructure including networking hardware and networking theory
- Understanding of virtualization, routing and firewalls
- This position is available in Houston, Texas and no reimbursement for relocation is available for this position
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A