Description of position: Costco Wholesale is seeking an experienced paralegal/administrative professional to join the legal team at its headquarters in Issaquah, Washington. In this role, you will provide primary paralegal and administrative support to three corporate/transactional attorneys supporting several of Costco’s business units, including merchandising (commercial transactions for retail goods), home improvement, e-commerce, information technology, information security, and IT vendor management. This position will focus on procurement transactions and business operations, not litigation or corporate governance or securities matters.
- Review commercial contracts including software license agreements, software-as-a-service agreements, reseller agreements, master services agreements, IT services agreements, consulting agreements, SOWs, software development agreements, and merchandising agreements.
- Finalize, update, format, and maintain contracts, policies, forms, presentation slides, notebooks, spreadsheets, and shared documents and sites using Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Google tools and platforms.
- General research on matters as they arise, including legal questions, member issues, and due diligence.
- Spearhead special projects as necessary, such as modernizing internal processes or handling business escalations.
- Heavy communication by phone and email with internal Costco clients and outside counsel.
- Intake and referral of legal matters to other counsel inside and outside of Costco when responsible attorneys are unavailable.
- Track compliance issues and follow-up with responsible persons across several departments; log transactions and events into Costco tracking and compliance tools.
- Draft and revise commercial, technology transactions, licensing procurement, and settlement agreements, termination letters, and other template agreements in cooperation with responsible attorney.
- Assist with compliance review of private label packaging, advertising, and marketing material.
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts preferred.
- Technology transactions background and/or technical aptitude preferred.
- Proven and reliable ability to maintain confidentiality in all legal matters.
- Proactive attitude and a strong interest in learning.
- Proven ability to stay calm and congenial, and to adjust positively to changes in direction and/or assignment.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office suite, Google tools, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on written and verbal communication.
- Well-organized, able to identify and prioritize tasks, excellent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montréal, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A