This role requires an energetic and forward-thinking candidate with a passion for training and development. The incumbent will be responsible for the evaluations of training needs, developing of training plans and the facilitation of training to meet needs identified. Co-ordinate and manage the activities to support the professional development of staff and quality improvement of the unit and hospital. Act as resource for the implementation of evidence-based practice and risk mitigation. The incumbent will assist the Unit Manager to support daily unit efficiencies.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse.
- Nursing Education qualification is essential.
- Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislation.
- Working experience in healthcare or healthcare funding industry will be advantageous.
- Capacity to implement and maintain standards of health practice required from all accredited bodies and appropriate health legislation.
- Computer Literacy essential.
- Fluent communication in English essential.
- Driving risk based and planned training as per work skills plan and hospital risks within the hospital
- Identifying training and development needs.
- Designing and expanding training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual.
- Timeous accurate reporting to relevant management structure.
- Participation on relevant committees.
- Any other duties assigned by the management from time to time.
- Policies and procedures development and implementation.
- Ensuring safe, competent quality nursing care delivery.
- Implement quality improvement strategies.
- Participate in clinical, quality visibility and auditing of patient care and risks.
- Producing training materials for in-house courses.
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met.
- Evaluating training and development programmes.
- Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hillcrest
Application Deadline: N/A