The Community COVID Enrolled Nurse’s primary responsibility is to support the COVID-19 vaccination scale-up in in various high density, low vaccination uptake geographies supported by a BroadReach/DOH vaccination team.
She/he will be responsible for conducting vaccinations and ensuring client data is accessed from and entered into the EVDS database.
- Conduct COVID-19 vaccinations
- Monitor clients after vaccination
- Provide post vaccination advice, support leaflets and details of access to hotline
- Capture vaccination details on EVDS
- The registration onto EVDS to support clients (if not yet registered/walk-ins)
- Accessing registration details of clients already registered
- Health education on COVID-19 safety measures, vaccine side-effects and TB/HIV screening
- Contact clients to return at scheduled intervals for the follow-up vaccination in accordance with vaccination protocol
- Ensure that appropriate IPC measures are appropriately implemented at the vaccination site (wearing of mask, sanitizing and social distancing).
- Standard 10 (Grade 12) / N3 or equivalent, Enrolled Nursing certificate as well as current registration with SANC is essential.
- Certificate of completion of the National Department of Health COVID-19 Vaccination Training for Health Workers
- Up to 3 years relevant experience,
- Experience in vaccinations, including COVID vaccinations.
- Committed to high standards and continuous improvement
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with conflicting priorities and tight timelines.
- Resourceful, creative and innovative approach to work
- Collaborative nature of working across different teams
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan work
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to navigate and relate at all levels
- Be solution focused
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with stakeholders
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ugu
Application Deadline: N/A