Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will supervise the work activities of assigned Daily Operations Team (DOT) personnel engaged in operating the plant(s) within the cluster safely and reliably to produce products. Your primary focus will be to maintain a safe and reliable plant, and to develop the Operators that work in the cluster.
- Execute daily operating plans in conjunction under the supervision of the Production Supervisor.
- Able to work a 12 our rotating shift.
- Direct equipment and process adjustments based on previous shift activities, review operator’s and supervisor’s logs, physical survey, and laboratory test results, and record all production and operational data in logs provided.
- Supervise work activities on Daily Operations Team shift personnel to include BASF direct employees and contractors engaged in operating equipment and processes (i.e. chemical reactors, compression, distillation, filtration, absorption) using materials which are flammable, corrosive, hazardous, and toxic in nature to produce products.
- Work with Daily Support Team in priority setting and equipment repairs; and for timeliness of equipment preparation for maintenance.
- Direct Daily Operations Team personnel in observance of safe practices, labor relations, and good housekeeping, taking necessary corrective steps and instructing personnel as required.
- Direct activities of Daily Operations Team personnel in event of fires, explosions, and any other emergencies in the plant until relieved.
- Instruct and train new operators and keep the Shifts updated on Management of Change issues, SOP revisions, and required regulatory training.
- Follow BASF’s EEO and Affirmative Action policies and promote their observance in performance of job duties.
- Provide coaching/feedback to Daily Operations Team in the form of Performance Evaluations.
- Direct/supervise operations, shutdowns, and start-ups to prevent damage to equipment due to potentially flammable/toxic material.
- Coordinate all repairs and equipment changeovers with Daily Support Team to minimize damage and costly repairs.
- Ensure the safety of all Daily Operations Team members under area of supervision. All safety rules and regulations must be strictly enforced. Lead and document Accident Investigations for injuries, near misses, and spills that occur on shift.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent and a minimum of 5 years of experience in operations of a chemical/utilities plant.
- At least 2 years of supervisory (or equivalent) experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills required to direct Operators to produce quality chemicals in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Solid coaching skills required to develop Operators in the understanding of the chemical plant operation, and to grow their awareness of technical and business issues.
- Effective interpersonal skills are required to interface with Daily Operations Team (DOT), Daily Support Team (DST), Technical Engineering Services Team (TES), Lab, Technology Group, contractors, and outside vendors.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills to help in the resolution of problems in the different manufacturing areas that affect plant performance.
- Control Board experience strongly preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Geismar, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A