This role provides strategic delegated procurement support for the APU Seeds & Traits Global Sourcing organization.
This role functions as a consultant for all delegated procurement topics including ensuring operational readiness for Sourcing and Purchase to Pay for the Seeds & Traits business, simplifying business processes to improve efficiency, and providing market intelligence to identify how best to mitigate supply risk, gain competitive advantage, and achieve business strategy goals.
This role will work closely with the Global Procurement organization to ensure compliance on policies and standards, while maintaining business interests in procurement decisions and negotiation of supply contracts.
In addition to being in close alignment with several internal stakeholders from Supply Chain, R&D, EHS, Quality, Regulatory, Stewardship, and Procurement, you will engage with Suppliers and Growers.
- Regularly engage with key internal Stakeholders via formal and informal meetings, calls, and emails to implement process improvements, collaborate on ongoing projects, reduce of non-value activities, and support sourcing needs.
- Provide procurement expertise to Seeds business stakeholders in contract development and review by being part of the review process to ensure contracts contain proper contract language and compliance with BASF policies.
- Work to align business stakeholders with all other category areas of Procurement function by understanding the need and quickly finding the most appropriate responsible person.
- Support delivery of financial savings commitment in accordance with goals of seeds business by proposing new ideas for projects and assisting with all other project initiatives.
- Support utilization of APU global spend report (PO and non-PO) by continuing to improve the data capture quality, look for new ways to use the data for the benefit of the business, and search the data for trends and savings opportunities.
- Represent Global Sourcing team during SAP system upgrade projects, technical testing, process improvements, bug fixes, and transition procurement processes during SAP integration to ensure critical business operations and processes are maintained.
- Provide expertise to resolve high level invoice issues (when other efforts have been exhausted) to prevent severe business impact.
- BS/BA in Business, Sciences, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA) is a plus
- Additional Supply Chain, Negotiation, Financial Acumen Training/Certifications a plus
- 5-10 years of Strategic Sourcing experience including Negotiations, and Supplier Management
- Leading negotiation of global and complex contracts for supply or manufacturing environments.
- Working experience supporting in the Seed Business and/or the Agroindustry in general
- Global business partnering experience in Supply Chain, Procurement, Planning and/or Operations
- Successful track record of project management activities such as scope, schedule, execution and monitoring plan development.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) and build relationships with individuals at multiple levels of the organization will make you a valued asset within the organization on topics with significant business risks
- Good knowledge/understanding of the Agroindustry and Seeds Business specifically
- Proven Leadership skill and Strategic Thinking (helicopter view)
- Market and Spend analysis knowledge
- Strong computer capabilities in SAP, MS Office, etc. will serve you in this position
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A