We are seeking an experienced professional like you to become part of an established, global, interdisciplinary research team focused on achieving regulatory science requirements for human health and safety to support registrations of our plant protection products.
- Develop sound strategies to successfully meet current human health and consumer safety guidelines of regulatory authorities for registration of crop protection products. Develop innovative approaches in addressing complex regulatory challenges and registration timeline constraints.
- According to authority guidelines, design, initiate, and monitor the appropriate regulatory studies which will focus primarily on metabolism and magnitude of residues of crop protection products in plants and animals.
- Interpret results of regulatory studies to calculate Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs), determine residue definitions for authority enforcement and risk assessments, conduct dietary risk assessments, and work with registration managers to prepare human health dossier sections for submission to regulatory agencies for product approval.
- Manage multiple, complex projects concurrently, and lead associated global teams of colleagues that are focused on fast-paced registration of new crop protection products, as well as re-registration of portfolio products.
- Interact with global and/or national regulatory authorities as needed to support product registration submissions with regards to human health and consumer safety requirements.
- Effectively represent industry viewpoints and make significant scientific contributions with influence on external task forces, focus/working groups and/or professional societies regarding human health safety issues and guidelines for registration of crop protection products.
- Travel domestically and/or internationally, approximately 5-10% of time.
- PhD, MS or BS degree in Chemistry, Toxicology, Environmental Science, Agronomy, Crop Protection discipline, Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology or related field; plus, minimum relevant job experience of 5+ years for a PhD, 10+ years for MS, or 15+ years for BS in research in a regulatory science field.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently & effectively as an independent scientist; as a leader of multi-disciplinary project teams; and as significant team player of a diverse, global, multidisciplinary research team.
- Experience in designing and interpreting regulatory science studies that are focused on metabolism of active substances as well as identification and magnitude of residues of parent compound and metabolites in various matrices, utilizing residue chemistry methods.
- Demonstrated depth of experience and expertise in working with current regulatory issues and current guidelines of regulatory agencies for registration of active substances; and experience interacting with global and/or national regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in risk assessment of active substances and their metabolites for use in national and/or global regulatory dossiers.
- Proven excellent oral (including presentation) and written communication skills, including timely and effective correspondence with colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience working under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Quality Assurance (QA) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of plant protection products, the agricultural products industry, and of agronomic practices is highly desired.
- Knowledge and applied experience with European regulations, guidelines and the current dossier process for registration of plant protection products in the EU (including IUCLID and Metapath) is desired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A