At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2021 as one of America’s Best Large Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
A Production Technician works from specific verbal and/or written instructions to operate the appropriate process equipment to produce a consistent product in addition to the following:
- Operating, monitoring, cleaning and maintaining preparation and pyrometallurgical processes.
- Operating and monitoring process systems.
- Material tapping, crushing, and sampling.
- Alloy tapping, alloy casting, melting, and granulation.
- Operating all processes associated with the pyrometallurgical activities in the chemical refining.
- Operating of grinding and sampling equipment associated with the pyrometallurgical processes / feed in the preparation department.
- Maintenance of all metal control documentation associated with all facets of the preparation and pyrometallurgical processes.
- Material preparation in a blending & sampling operation.
- Coordination, preparation and documentation of materials going to Outside Refining (OSR).
- Coordination, documentation and handling of materials returning from OSR.
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Maintains acceptable housekeeping standards in work area.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Knowledge of safety regulations associated with a chemical operation
- Knowledge of proper material handling procedures. EHS:
- Adhere to established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in incident investigations.
- Accomplish day-to-day and recurring EHS activities
- Safety suggestions
- Proactive hazard recognition and EHS issues
- Attend and participate in Safety meetings
- Waste management activities
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prior experience in industrial manufacturing
- Experience operating a forklift
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Caldwell, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A