As a Barclays Legal Counsel you will provide strategic and day-to-day legal support across the Barclays Group, by acting as a business-savvy service provider and partner to clients and colleagues. The work of the team spans contract drafting and negotiation, advising on the commercial and governance matters for the Group Service Company and the Intra Group Agreements, advisory work on commercial matters across the Group, business innovation and existing and emerging technologies.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts in order to effectively manage and mitigate legal risk
- Identifying and addressing legal risk issues on contract drafting and negotiation
- Providing prompt, commercial and pragmatic advice to clients and colleagues
- You will proactively liaise with and involve other members of the legal and compliance functions and other stakeholders throughout the Barclays Group on legal risk matters
- Effectively participating in and influencing the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to manage, mitigate and reduce legal risk
- Increasing the efficiency of the team, including development and maintenance of relevant precedents and other know-how items
- Maintaining of effective file management practices including use of the team’s electronic filing platform
- Sharing know-how and experience with other legal advisers within the team and elsewhere within the Legal Function
- Solicitor or barrister, or equivalent foreign qualified lawyer eligible to take qualified lawyer transfer test (it would be a requirement to pass the test within an agreed period),
- Relevant experience including strong technical knowledge of commercial agreements
- Comprehensive experience in negotiating and advising on general commercial/technology/licensing contracts
- Experience with innovation, FinTech and regulatory aspects.
- Experience of the financial services industry, either in house with a financial services organisation or with a significant regional, national or City law firm.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A