Website ABSA Group Limited
Apply platform engineering expertise, critical thinking, design thinking and problem solving skills in an agile team environment to produce well-organised, optimised and documented source code that successfully delivers platform features & components of the service & solves complex technical problems with high quality solutions.
- Leverage platform engineering expertise & a working knowledge of specific platforms and their constituent parts to positively contribute to platform feature and service designs
- Take accountability for deeply understanding & building expertise on the platform, the platform contribution to the broader platform strategy & business and customer requirements & all available technologies
- Develop business & customer aligned, lasting & innovative platform feature sets
- Positively contribute to, define & implement the development/engineering lifecycle (end to end) and lead lifecycle improvements over successive releases.
- Produce simple, extensible, and maintainable features with very few defects. Continually works to find and fix defects.
- Leverage platform (service design & code) & engineering technical expertise to proactively identify risks and prevent defects
- Identify patterns that reveal errors and unanticipated problems, and influence telemetry analytics design decisions
- Identify & Apply metrics to drive the quality and stability of code
- Ensure consistent, usable, forward-looking, maintainable test infrastructure
- Apply object orientated design in development & draw from a large base of design patterns
- Uphold our technical principles of: self-service, scalability, re-usability, resilience & stability in all development practices and deliver feature sets that sustainably deliver on these principles
- Apply knowledge and expertise in User / Customer experience to deliver a stable user experience in all design & development that is simple, elegant, and useful.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Information Technology
Company: ABSA Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg
Application Deadline: N/A